5 signs your Furnace may be broken
- Rattling or vibration noises may be a sign the heat exchanger is cracked. It could also be a loose cover panel.
- A low rumbling sound from your furnace can be a sign there is oil inside the combustion chamber which can send dangerous fumes into your home
- Flickering or yellow pilot light may be a sign of excess Carbon Dioxide around the gas furnace. You call your HVAC company if adjusting the burner light screw does not return the pilot light to blue.
- A scarping sound from your furnace could be a sign the ball bearings are nearly worn out.
- A high pitched squealing can occur when the blower belt is frayed or slipping. It may also occur when ball bearings need lubrication.
Call an Energy-Starservices technician for all Heating Furnace issues at 215.464.4549